love this, are they family pics? the sun shining off the front two is so perfect for the background pic you've selected, the warm fall light basking their faces...kinda looks like the distant couple are newlyweds or new loves, the middle came apart a bit in their focus no longer for just each other, their attentions elsewhere, but the front two have found a comfortable ground, a balance between individuality yet together against the world...a balance many couples find hard to achieve. okay, i'll shut up now with my ramblings! cheers, kerry
ooo love the colors. i live in southwest florida, so we dont see the seasons very much, its usually just hot or not! love all the people, especially that guy in the plaid shirt in front. hes crazy! :)
Ooooo ! I luv cloud capped mountains ! They are so majestic and forbidding. The yellow trees rilly stand out in the center of this, sort of a cold-hot-cold sandwich for the mountains-vegetation-lake combo.
Hmmm. Are they rilly happy to see us, or is that what they want us to think... :-)
BTW...when my cousin sends me the pics from her recent visit with me, i'll post one in particular...one of your wicked winged creatures taking advantage of my car (stupid me parking outside the fish market!) cheers, kerry
This is very cool. I know there's probably a specific narrative in here, but it's so visually rich you could make up stories about this image forever. Very dreamy, and a little weird...terrific!
Hehehe, I have woken to lots of lovely comments. We get our weekly Illustration Friday word Friday Midnight in Australia; a minute before Saturday! It has been fun reading your interpretations :)
Yes they are more collaged family photos Kerry - you could write a novel on your ideas :)
Mick is right, there is 'truth' in reflection and 'truth' alters. We seem to remember the worst and the best when looking back - not so much the in-between.
The guy in the front is wearing King Gee shorts Chacha - very Australian.
Think you are hungry Steve - go eat that big sandwich instead of dreaming about it! Maybe sometimes happy, sometimes not – or are they in Utopia?
Kerry - Looking forward to seeing your car being dumped on by a Seagull. Hheheeeee.
Thanks Aravis Arwen and Isay! It is nice to see two interpreting in a positive light :)
You are right Rick - dreamy and a little weird when looking back or reflecting. I am enjoying reading everyone’s story :)
Cool! This is sooo surreal...the hard light on the trees against the impossible blue of the mountains and then all those random people. Marvelous depth...It's like the waiting room between heaven and hell (I mean this in a good way). I really like it!
yeah, yeah...a wee bit of verbal diarreah...kinda like those damn birds:D i like carla's interpretation....hmmmmm i wonder which ring this should be attributed to?! must go review my dante... cheers, kerry
That is the most interesting interpretation so far Carla, amalgamate with Kerry's and we have a new Thriller! Thanks :)
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about Kerry. A chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop? A pack of thieves? A type of wicked winged creature? Don't forget fish and chips in your 'Divine Comedy' :)
Madly spooky and a real catalyst for the reflections in the comments section :) I really find this quite compellingly odd - that and the fact that some of the figures are walking out onto the water..... what did you put in the tea?
Hi there, I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to thank you because you really got it,I mean why is it about reflection.Except for the birds...:-).It is really about reflecting about life... What I like about yours is that they are always what illustration is about, not being obvious relating to text,but it is about expressing our own opinion about it.It could also be a words game for reflect/reflex...best,carla
Thanks Carla, you're right about the reflect/reflex response - it's referring back to the viewer :)
Odilialiuzzi, don't stay too long, there is a real world out there :)
Glad you picked up on the pretentious bad taste James. I’ll be sure to alert you when my ultra kitsch work has a showing. Good someone is discouraging bad behaviour :)
a picture can paint a thousand words.. let me use that line.. for your illo defenitely triggers unlimited possibilities of interpretation. wonderfully done! and i commend your originality again! 8)
Wow this looks great, good job! I often catch my self romanticising years past, and it's funny how it's often the hardsest of times we are the most fond of...
You're right Anthony, we tend to remember clearest the best and worst. Since very young I've also tried to take 'moment snapshots' which surprisingly still remember. Those ones are mostly pure happiness :)
Thanks Miragee. Just wondering whether 'Professional' artists are real in other countries. We don't have them here; we have lots of starving artists :)
It's cool because it was made by an 80s girl Tony :)
Great complimentary colors in your collage. It draws your eye right into the picture. Sorry to hear you have a drought. Our summer has been pretty hot and dry here.
I reckon Carla's on to something - a sort of technicolour purgatory! The main thing that catches my eye is the colour - one of my favourite colour schemes and very well-deployed. That guy up the front has quite shiny and reflective forehead :).
Thank you Toni ... that's what I get for living in the sunburnt country :) Although my garden looks like it is from the Adams' Family.
Hmmm … technicolour torment to expiate their sins – the other Carla mentions the meaning referrs back to the viewer Ian :) So noticing shiny, reflective forehead means you know about climbing mountains!
43 Comments:
love this, are they family pics? the sun shining off the front two is so perfect for the background pic you've selected, the warm fall light basking their faces...kinda looks like the distant couple are newlyweds or new loves, the middle came apart a bit in their focus no longer for just each other, their attentions elsewhere, but the front two have found a comfortable ground, a balance between individuality yet together against the world...a balance many couples find hard to achieve. okay, i'll shut up now with my ramblings!
cheers,
kerry
Very nicely done. I can't help but think the juxtapostion of the warm and cool colors means all isn't necessarily what it seems here. Hmmmm.
ooo love the colors. i live in southwest florida, so we dont see the seasons very much, its usually just hot or not! love all the people, especially that guy in the plaid shirt in front. hes crazy! :)
Ooooo ! I luv cloud capped mountains ! They are so majestic and forbidding. The yellow trees rilly stand out in the center of this, sort of a cold-hot-cold sandwich for the mountains-vegetation-lake combo.
Hmmm. Are they rilly happy to see us, or is that what they want us to think...
:-)
BTW...when my cousin sends me the pics from her recent visit with me, i'll post one in particular...one of your wicked winged creatures taking advantage of my car (stupid me parking outside the fish market!)
cheers,
kerry
This is a visually fun piece. Wonderful!
This is very cool. I know there's probably a specific narrative in here, but it's so visually rich you could make up stories about this image forever. Very dreamy, and a little weird...terrific!
happy illustration! i like the mountains and the reflection in the water!
Hehehe, I have woken to lots of lovely comments. We get our weekly Illustration Friday word Friday Midnight in Australia; a minute before Saturday! It has been fun reading your interpretations :)
Yes they are more collaged family photos Kerry - you could write a novel on your ideas :)
Mick is right, there is 'truth' in reflection and 'truth' alters. We seem to remember the worst and the best when looking back - not so much the in-between.
The guy in the front is wearing King Gee shorts Chacha - very Australian.
Think you are hungry Steve - go eat that big sandwich instead of dreaming about it! Maybe sometimes happy, sometimes not – or are they in Utopia?
Kerry - Looking forward to seeing your car being dumped on by a Seagull. Hheheeeee.
Thanks Aravis Arwen and Isay! It is nice to see two interpreting in a positive light :)
You are right Rick - dreamy and a little weird when looking back or reflecting. I am enjoying reading everyone’s story :)
Cool! This is sooo surreal...the hard light on the trees against the impossible blue of the mountains and then all those random people. Marvelous depth...It's like the waiting room between heaven and hell (I mean this in a good way). I really like it!
yeah, yeah...a wee bit of verbal diarreah...kinda like those damn birds:D i like carla's interpretation....hmmmmm i wonder which ring this should be attributed to?! must go review my dante...
cheers,
kerry
Nice effect mixing cool and warm colors !!
That is the most interesting interpretation so far Carla, amalgamate with Kerry's and we have a new Thriller! Thanks :)
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about Kerry. A chain of atoms in a molecule that forms a closed loop? A pack of thieves? A type of wicked winged creature? Don't forget fish and chips in your 'Divine Comedy' :)
Thanks Rowantree :)
silly monkey...
=)kerry
Madly spooky and a real catalyst for the reflections in the comments section :) I really find this quite compellingly odd - that and the fact that some of the figures are walking out onto the water..... what did you put in the tea?
E
You are right ... silly monkey =)Kerry!
I like to encourage mad reflections Elaine :) Not sure what accidentally fell into the tea ... have another cup!!!
Hi there, I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to thank you because you really got it,I mean why is it about reflection.Except for the birds...:-).It is really about reflecting about life...
What I like about yours is that they are always what illustration is about, not being obvious relating to text,but it is about expressing our own opinion about it.It could also be a words game for reflect/reflex...best,carla
so fantastic to stay here..your art is a dream..
A little kitsch-ey (sp), a little wacky, love the palette. It's just nice.
Thanks Carla, you're right about the reflect/reflex response - it's referring back to the viewer :)
Odilialiuzzi, don't stay too long, there is a real world out there :)
Glad you picked up on the pretentious bad taste James. I’ll be sure to alert you when my ultra kitsch work has a showing. Good someone is discouraging bad behaviour :)
a picture can paint a thousand words.. let me use that line.. for your illo defenitely triggers unlimited possibilities of interpretation. wonderfully done! and i commend your originality again! 8)
Love these complementary colors, as if the reflection was not a copy of things but a meanings' supplement!
Great!
Thanks again Atomicvelvetsigh :)
Thank you for your compliment Scmileblik, it is your extra meaning that applies :)
am not so good in using words but i wana giv u a giant WOW ! :")
Striking and beautiful. I am curious as to what is happening off canvas to the left :)
What a lot of comments.
Like your site, with all the different styles.
Those words are great Louise :)
Katherine - I am also curious what is happening off canvas ... someone might have cracked a joke about one of them falling into their reflection?
Thank you Marion :)
Wow this looks great, good job! I often catch my self romanticising years past, and it's funny how it's often the hardsest of times we are the most fond of...
Wow, your works are certainly professional of the professionals:-). Very lovely...I am looking forward to seeing more of your works.
That's cool- it looks like something from an 80's album cover!
You're right Anthony, we tend to remember clearest the best and worst. Since very young I've also tried to take 'moment snapshots' which surprisingly still remember. Those ones are mostly pure happiness :)
Thanks Miragee. Just wondering whether 'Professional' artists are real in other countries. We don't have them here; we have lots of starving artists :)
It's cool because it was made by an 80s girl Tony :)
i love the blues and the oranges... pretty cool!
so surreal, i like it. are they actual people you know?
You don't need to wear your yellow shades Knottydon? Thanks!!!
Yes they are a branch of family Jungs. As the fashion suggests the people were taken from dated photographs :)
Nice to see you reflecting Cynische - so you are the person they are staring at! Will go see your larger image :)
Great complimentary colors in your collage.
It draws your eye right into the picture.
Sorry to hear you have a drought. Our summer has been pretty hot and dry here.
I reckon Carla's on to something - a sort of technicolour purgatory! The main thing that catches my eye is the colour - one of my favourite colour schemes and very well-deployed. That guy up the front has quite shiny and reflective forehead :).
Thank you Toni ... that's what I get for living in the sunburnt country :) Although my garden looks like it is from the Adams' Family.
Hmmm … technicolour torment to expiate their sins – the other Carla mentions the meaning referrs back to the viewer Ian :) So noticing shiny, reflective forehead means you know about climbing mountains!
... :)
Wow..very talented :)
Very nice! I think I see you!
Thanks Sara :)
Hmmmm I am Anonymous Miss Daze!
};-}
Weird and sort of spooky. Gives me the creeps for some reason. The colors are pretty. :-D
It has created the right effect for you Mary Stebbins Taitt :)
:-D
Post a Comment
<< Home