Saturday, July 23, 2005

Tranquility

Click to Enlarge Detail






















Medium: Collagraph with digital manipulation.

Select thumbnail to enlarge image.

38 Comments:

Blogger chacha said...

total tranquility. puts me in a very mellow mood. nice on. although when i look at the one on the right really quick, it kinda reminds me of a fortune cookie. im sure the tape inside would say something about the future and tranquility. nice work. :)

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the watery, dappled effect and soft colours certainly speak "tranquility" to me...love it babe!
cheers,
kerry

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger isay said...

i think you have used ocean ripple so it can be the ocean but the color is deceiving....it looks like autumn for me with all those trees and flowers, and the leaves falling all over the place and covering almost everything and have formed all those shapes.

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Stay mellow Chacha, your holiday is nearly over :)

Thanks Kerry; Tranq out man.

This was a hand printed collagraph Isay which then had the 'cut-out' Photoshop filter, and an Illustrator 'wave' to shape the too severe centre split. It could be an aerial view of an autumn garden :)

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Aravis said...

This reminds me of stained glass, or collage with tissue paper. It's really beautiful. I love your color choices.

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

this art is not of god, I can tell you that much.
repent all of you!
The church of Jesus Christ of Even More Latter Day Saints

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger vfm4 said...

however long i look at it and turn it and flip it, i keep seeing figures.. people... reminds me of Delaunay, art deco..

maybe something wrong with my brain...

i really love it!
(the painting, not my brain...)

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like the stained glass. It seems to be very cool!

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Glad you find my image beautiful Aravis :)

YOU are hilarious Elohimus what on Earth do you see in this image? Big smiles and lots of hugs for your God who has a great sense of humour :)

Spot on, nothing wrong with your brain Vfm4 :) It is in fact like Delaunay's 'orphism'; colour as both form and subject.

It does actually Petite Fluer :)

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see figures too. It's beautiufl and the very essense of tranquility.

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any of you see figures THEN it must be the work of a demon. Anon, what have you to say for yourself??? Playing with the dark forces again?

btw: It is BEAUTIFUL. Is there any way I can ingest it? I really really need some tranquility right now.

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Glad you see the beautiful Janey :)

It could look rather yummy if imagined as jello Miss Daze (playing with the good forces). Unless you enjoy biting into stained glass (playing with the bad).

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Chuck Rose said...

I saw the torso right away. These are beautiful. What medium?

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Chuck Rose said...

Oh yea, and why no name?

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see how people are perceiving bodies, although my immediate reaction is a harmonious geographical confluence of rock/mountains meeting beach meeeting water viewed from atop. I like the speckled build up of colour, which reminds of quartz/granite and water ripples respectively.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im not sure if i like the two on the left more than the one on the right .. the right one has got a great quality! nice work.

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, don't see any bodies this time, only aspects, forms. but granite would definitely be a comparitive.
cheers luv,
kerry

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

The medium is digitally manipulated collagraph and is called Tranquillity Chuck Rose.

Can also relate to the quartz/granite translation Detlef, it is indeed a correspondence within nature.

The one on the right is a close-up section of the one on the left Rebeccashane. If you click the left one you can view it larger, but added right-hand detail so as to not hog your internet speed.

Thanks for sticking up for me Kerry about the plethera of kitties on IF each week. Also for seeing watery, dappled soft colours that speak tranquility and not figures that Elohimus thinks must be the work of a demon :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback :)

Sunday, July 24, 2005  
Blogger Mick said...

Another outstanding post on a somewhat difficult theme. Nice collagraph, I think, how much digital enhancement did it require?

Monday, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Melicrious said...

gorgeous work as usual. I'd love to see it in real life. The dappled effect is so peaceful and the lines are controlled and calming like small fissures in are large stone.

Elohimus is cracking me up?!? This art is not of God?? Interesting and useful feedback Elohimus!

Monday, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

There are different levels of defining tranquility Shmilebik, glad you like this one's strangeness.

Hi Mick, the separate colours were Photoshop isolated then filtered to give cool conflict; and a 'cut-out' filter applied. Then an Illustrator 'wave' softened the too severe centre split. For the most part the colours and detail have been manipulated more than an overall enhancement to suit topic ‘Tranquillity’.

What a beautiful interpretation Katherine :) Hheheheeheee. I don't remember EVER claiming to be God, think Elohimus is confused.

Monday, July 25, 2005  
Blogger knottydon said...

is that an eye on the upper lefthand corner of the first box? cool illo...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very inspiring! Well done!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger coffee81 said...

thank you 4 ur comment :-)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger coffee81 said...

anonymous..man, i always struggle in getting my spellings right.
I like what I did so far. May perhaps change the colours later on. Will maintain the position though. Perhaps some adjustment - here and there ...we'll just have to see...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I can see an eye Knottydon ... well eyed! Thanks also Electric Geisha. Did I spell sumthink wrongly Coffee81? I will check on your illustration in a couple of weeks to see what you have done :)

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

That's groovie... looks like something for a stained glass window

Wednesday, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Hhehehe, thank you Giao, Michelle and Tony :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Johnnynorms said...

I like this a lot - it's sort of how I imagine an underwater river jigsaw for fish might look like.

Thanks for leaving your calling card on Slug Daze, as that brought me over here, and I hadn't seen your pictures before. Slugs, fish, I might evolve to amphibious talk soon.

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Blogger steve said...

It makes me think of puzzle pieces of made out of colored water, solid to the touch yet not frozen. Lovely !

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Ian T. said...

Lately when I look at your pictures I seem to keep seeing beautiful naked female forms - aah, what's wrong with me? :)

Anyway, I think the flow of this piece is sublime. The distribution of colour is wonderful, particularly the overlayed purples and blues, but best of all the way the orange and purple triangles in the bottom half seem to have fallen away from the orange and purple forms in the top half. There's more angularity in the top half than the bottom half.

Overall, this does have a pleasant, languid air - late afternoon in a sunlit room, with the curtains blowing gently. Thanks for the detail - an interestingly framed composition in itself (with that diagonal across the centre). The colour details are amazing!

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I am beginning to feel WAY too tranquil! Wow ... why is it the boys know more about tranquility than I do?

Johnnynorms, an underwaterwater river jigsaw for fish; Steve, coloured water puzzle pieces; and Ian, languid air and gently blowing curtains. Either you all see naked women in this work, or there is something wrong with me!

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous as always. you have such a way with color.

Thursday, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Right back at YOU Amy :)

Saturday, July 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderfull !!!!

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thank you Feyd, I love the way you have done your blog links :)

Friday, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Looks about as tranquil as a pod of diving sharks.

Thursday, November 15, 2007  
Blogger Anonymous said...

HAHA, just don't dive in Mary Stebbins Taitt ;)

Thursday, November 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home