Sunday, July 17, 2005

Karma

Click to Enlarge Detail























Medium: Collagraph with digital manipulation.

Select thumbnail to enlarge image.

33 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I thought I was looking at a silk scarf ... That is pretty good digital manipulation .. wow...

Sunday, July 17, 2005  
Blogger knottydon said...

I love the details in this artwork. Very impressive!

Monday, July 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful colours, so vibrant and leafy...remind me of halfway between internal organs and foliage. my first thought was "alien oral"
cheers,
kerry
p.s. thanks for the tips, very helpful, and i think i've got a plan. i've got a friend picking me up a fresh bucket of molding paste:)

Monday, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thank you Rebeccashane and Knottydon,hoping to do more digital soon, but didn't have time to begin from scratch with something literal for Karma.

Hhheeee, elements and nature are wrapped up in this one Kerry. Although alien oral sounds interesting. Hope you post an image of your mural for everyone to see - how exciting!

Monday, July 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Texture, movement, dimensionality. Universal themes. Very cool.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these colors, Anon, and the liquidy flow. Feels very tropical to me. Should I come back, I hope it is somewhere tropical. Maybe as an exotic butterfly.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  
Blogger steve said...

Kewl anatomical study and interpretation, Anonymous! It does have a tropical essence to it.
:-)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Cool compliment James :)

It feels topical Miss Daze and Steve because you are focusing on the water. Water signs are you? All the elements are in there somewhere. You would look lovely as a topical butterfly Miss Daze, lets hope Steve won't be a lizard!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
(What's a collagraph?)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Hi Wally, a collagraph is a form of printmaking where the plate may print as both/either relief and intaglio. The plate is either added to using a collage-like process combining materials such as cardboard, fabric, gesso, glue, string, carborundum grit, and other found objects. Lines can also be drawn into gesso before it hardens. Or the subtractive method can be used by taking away from a cardboard plate like the print above. Here the card was cut into and sections torn away to create a printable texture. Prints are usually pulled on a press many times for each colour.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Fern Lady said...

These are yummy images!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your site via the comments section of my sister's blog. I love your work... it's breathtaking. Beautiful.

Keep up the great work, I'm hooked.

- ryan baldwin.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Arghh, must be all that Tropical talk from Miss Daze and Steve that is deceiving you Fern Lady. It is NOT a fruit salad! However, blushing for your thinking it is good enough to eat :)

Thank you for taking the time to comment Ryan. Don't get too hooked, it can be bad for your health (The breathtaking part worries me). See you again :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

woah that feels so real.. i can almost touch it.. i can almost hold it in between my fingers.. and the karma here for me i guess is that there are things that i almost felt was so real believing too much that i forgot to see the real things around me and in the end that thing that i thought was real turned out to be not. and now everything that was really real have no meaning at all anymore.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Sometimes it can be good to see the 'unreal' Atomicvelvetsigh. The real can be too awful. I choose to see the 'unreal' ... but keep regular tabs on what is happening in the real as a sideline. Free spirits have reality as their own :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per usual another great image. Really like the "sheen" that this image conveys.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

That's the radiation of good Karmic light Detlef. Soak some in, not too much or I'll miss your 'shock and awe' drawings.

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Ian T. said...

The living, growing, changing intersection of all things? Beautiful! It doesn't look digital to me either. There's a certain figlike nature to the middle shapes and the basic symmetry of the top and bottom halves give the form additional appeal.

Of course, the lithe female beauty of the main blue form is central to the feel of congruence, but it's interesting that I can also see this form in the negative red space at right, interesting with the main figure. A lovely sense of Gaia at work here!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Ian T. said...

I meant, intersecting :).

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

What a wonderful and perceptive description Ian.T! The original collagraph was indeed connecting consciousness, meditation and environmentalism via transpersonal experience; titled, 'Nature'. The digital of mostly light radiation added the Karmic addition to create the 'whole of Gaia' :)

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Nina Khashchina aka Apple-Pine said...

Air and freedom but strength through texture - I really enjoyed it. Thanks! Nina

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Aravis said...

The longer I look, the more I see in it. I really enjoyed this. :0)

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger isay said...

it has defined the emotions and the gravity of my feelings deep within me...your artwork have become mine in my mind and my heart!....

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger chacha said...

trippy!! i like it alot. i love the way each shape flows into the other. awesome!! very kool. still on vacation so i wont be doing an illo. sorry, take it easy.

Friday, July 22, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed Apple-Pine, Aravis, Isay and Chacha. Happy holidays Chacha! :)

Friday, July 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooo in love. Again, you floor me.

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger chacha said...

thanks...i did and i still have 2 days left! :)

Saturday, July 23, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Get up off the floor Harry, it's too low down there. You should be on the ceiling :)

Good one Chacha :)

Thank you Shmileblik!

Thank you for your commenting Art-Non-Deco!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

For some reason this looks really phallic to me. Orchidiferous, too!

LOL!

Besides that, I like the color, movement and texture.

Thursday, November 29, 2007  
Blogger Anonymous said...

You're not so far off Mary Stebbins Taitt! It's a pregnant woman :)

Thursday, November 29, 2007  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

AH

Pregnancy is related to male genitalia I guess, LOL!

Friday, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

It's very pretty anyway

Friday, November 30, 2007  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Yes, hehheee. All the elements are there ... :)

Friday, November 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home