At first glance, these two paintings seem to be two representaions of the same place. The first is warm, vibrant with a bit of danger and excitement. This second one seems to be very lonely with sharp pangs of regret. The city as emotions? Or is it just the lack of sleep talking? ;)
That is Courtney talking from there and then:) The first is a history map about abodes vacated within the larger scoped second Metropolitan image. You are probably right about the emotions there and then. The second image is a glossy overview of the coastal city, with sharp light and reflection but never regrets :) Thanks for your insight Courtney :)
is it the side view where you can find all the neon lights and activities going on during the night and the top view as what you have confirmed already is the coastal metropolitan. beautiful!
How long are you going to keep posting killer great art work under artwork anonymous? Yes I read that your are moving, and setting up a new place, but why put absolutely GREAT stuff on your blog without linking to your professional site? I was just meaning that you've got great stuff, why don't you advertize it every way you can.
It can be anything you want Isay :) That's the good thing about viewing art. I am flattered you are seeing the layers in my work.
Thanks Jacquelynn for your interest. Artists always need to show their work - it feeds their soul and future. I'm more about inspiring and supporting others (in the real world about the art world). Practising art is just breathing and also busy making sites for others :) Don't need advertising online, have a good local (global) network. I like to keep this blog separate and like how ‘Anonymous’ can mean me or you :)
wow they said it all.. im totally speechless! i like .. erm.. LOVE both actually.. and not one better than the other. its like two sides of the city.. one during sunset, this one at early morning. well, i made a little post about my favorite metropolitan illos. *ehem* of course, my choice is still yours for the best!
no wonder you commented on my take on metropolitan - we both went abstract with this weeks theme! Gotta say, I think you took a little more time than me... I absolutely love the blue ones.
Thanks for posting my work on your Outside the box AVS :)
Commented because liked your work DifferentFish, especially this one - it also helps to be abstract - borrowed some of my comment from your previous Bart post.
man this one makes me cold and the other one makes me feel like im at home here in florida with the humidity. nice feel with the color choices. im not sure which ones i like better, they are all beautiful!
22 Comments:
The light side of Metropolitan.
I like this one too...maybe more, if only because I prefer blue. Terrific!
A little snow, a little ice. Cool.
I like the dancing, blinking light on the go movement of these, the dark grittiness of the top one, bright light coastal below.
Appreciate the feedback Mick, Rick and Cin :) You are right Cin about the lower one being an impression of Coastal Metropolitan.
A Bird Looking Down
Deciding exactly where
To let out its load
(City Hikau)
Beautiful pic as always
Tony makes Dirty
A clean Metropolitan
With city Haiku
At first glance, these two paintings seem to be two representaions of the same place. The first is warm, vibrant with a bit of danger and excitement. This second one seems to be very lonely with sharp pangs of regret. The city as emotions? Or is it just the lack of sleep talking? ;)
That is Courtney talking from there and then:) The first is a history map about abodes vacated within the larger scoped second Metropolitan image. You are probably right about the emotions there and then. The second image is a glossy overview of the coastal city, with sharp light and reflection but never regrets :)
Thanks for your insight Courtney :)
PS Beautiful haiku Tony as always!
is it the side view where you can find all the neon lights and activities going on during the night and the top view as what you have confirmed already is the coastal metropolitan. beautiful!
How long are you going to keep posting killer great art work under artwork anonymous? Yes I read that your are moving, and setting up a new place, but why put absolutely GREAT stuff on your blog without linking to your professional site? I was just meaning that you've got great stuff, why don't you advertize it every way you can.
It can be anything you want Isay :) That's the good thing about viewing art. I am flattered you are seeing the layers in my work.
Thanks Jacquelynn for your interest. Artists always need to show their work - it feeds their soul and future. I'm more about inspiring and supporting others (in the real world about the art world). Practising art is just breathing and also busy making sites for others :) Don't need advertising online, have a good local (global) network. I like to keep this blog separate and like how ‘Anonymous’ can mean me or you :)
Beautiful. Easily a metropolis, at different times or seasons.
This is so pretty. Looks like tiles. twinkling tiles as lights and blue moody city night.
Thank you girls, it is a sterilized view of a big city or the 'light' aspect to a city:)
wow they said it all.. im totally speechless! i like .. erm.. LOVE both actually.. and not one better than the other. its like two sides of the city.. one during sunset, this one at early morning.
well, i made a little post about my favorite metropolitan illos. *ehem* of course, my choice is still yours for the best!
no wonder you commented on my take on metropolitan - we both went abstract with this weeks theme! Gotta say, I think you took a little more time than me... I absolutely love the blue ones.
Love your cool mint illustration this week Laura.
Thanks for posting my work on your Outside the box AVS :)
Commented because liked your work DifferentFish, especially this one - it also helps to be abstract - borrowed some of my comment from your previous Bart post.
man this one makes me cold and the other one makes me feel like im at home here in florida with the humidity. nice feel with the color choices. im not sure which ones i like better, they are all beautiful!
Always love compliments regarding beauty Chacha :)
WOW! I love the colors on this! reminds me of water and desert and a clean wonderful modern city.
Sydney can feel like that sometimes Mary Stebbins Taitt :) This one still hangs in my kitchen because has a 'fresh' feel!
Post a Comment
<< Home