Saturday, March 26, 2005

Crowded

Click to Open in New Window




















Zinc etching
Image size: 225 x 200mm
Paper: Hahnemuhle 300gsm
Edition: 7

22 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

I can almost taste the tangy breeze from the great lakes. The sound of seagulls is a sign of spring here in Michigan, I'm glad you reminded me of those memories. Thanks !

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Mick said...

Another terrific print.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Kinda reminds me of when I lived in Seattle. I don't know why - I don't live that far from the water now. I guess because this one looks chilly and I live in a tropical climit now.

Seagulls, also reminds me of "The Birds" - yikes.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Ellie said...

Great print, Anonymous! Such talent!

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Karen Winters said...

That's a fine looking crowd of gulls! I like how you've captured so many different positions and gestures.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Steve and Miss Daze are right about it being cold. Bought fish and chips on a cold windy day to entice seagulls to model for first sketches. Froze for the many positions and gestures Karen! If it wasn't cold and windy, the beach would have been crowded with people - Miss Daze knows what I think of THAT concept. Thank you Mick and Ms Elle, your entries are terrific.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Blogger Nic Squirrell said...

Lovely.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your style! I love all the different seagulls. Each one has it's own personality.

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger A.C said...

I like it very much!

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger J said...

Scavengers! The whole lot of them!
They're great though -- I bet a handful of them would look fabulous stuffed into the lower corner of a tshirt. I love the lines.

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great stuff...and that's true dedication, not only freezing your ass off for a sketch, but sharing perfectly good fish and chips with the little buggers...after all, they'll only thank you by desecrating your car!;)
cheers
kerry

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting Nic, Bridgette and AnnaCas :) Can tell js and Kerry don't love seagulls as much as I do.:( Kerry gets points for protecting fish which seagulls love. Js's illustration is too sexy so she can get away with anything!

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Ohh made a mistake there ... it's Annacas's illustration that's too sexy ... js's illustration is strong and definate, so I won't attempt to argue :)

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger Robyn said...

On my way to the game that is the subject of my entry in this week's challenge I saw a crowd of seagulls on a playing field. They tempted me too, but, having seen this contribution, I am glad that I resisted and went the way I did. My effort would have paled next to yours.

Cheers
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

Sunday, March 27, 2005  
Blogger jas faulkner said...

Gorgeous! I live the busy, fussy quality of the sand as its b eing worried by the gulls' feet.

Monday, March 28, 2005  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

At least they're not lonley! Great etching

Wednesday, March 30, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn for the compliment, loved your unique view of a playing field. Gulls and lonely don't really connect Tony, agree even on a cold windy day they have each other. Jas reminded me about the 'biscuit' sand. After the tide goes down, the sand bakes into a hard biscuit that cracks underfoot. Seagulls lighter than us worry the sand instead of cracking, their concern for being in the right position for fish and chips makes the surface fussy helped by the drying wind! Thank you Jas, welcome to describe my illustrations any day. Cracked bitumen on the zinc plate to get this effect before dipping in acid. Not too cracked because people hadn't walked the sand.

Thursday, March 31, 2005  
Blogger Pequena Lontra said...

addorrrre the printings, they are just great!!!
thanks for the beautiful time,
see u soon

Wednesday, April 06, 2005  
Blogger Gerald de Dios said...

These are 2 great pieces done in zinc etching...wish I knew how to do that. Looks like fun!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thanks Pequena Lontra!

Thank you Gerald! It is fun!! There might be a Print Workshop around your place of residence?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006  
Blogger BoiledEggIn aDeckchair said...

What year is it?

Thursday, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Anonymous said...

It was 2006 BoiledEggInADeckchair. Now it's 2007! Hhahhaaaa.

Thursday, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home