Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Ancient

Click to Enlarge






















Oil painting
Stretched canvas
Size: 900 x 900mm

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really impressive...a lot of beautiful colour and detail to soak in...and then i played with your butterfly for a wee while (i'm easily distracted!)
-kerry

Wednesday, March 09, 2005  
Blogger Nic Squirrell said...

Wow, gorgeous!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow. the mood in the painting is strong.. Nice..

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm back again...couldn't stop thinking about this...are you going to sell prints?
-kerry

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thanks nic, Rebeccashane and eoppers5! Ancient is mysterious but carried with us through history. Tried to psychologically pull from the deepest and often most remote part of self.

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Glad you were easily distracted twice kerry! Been selling prints for ten years now, but not online. Shy. That's why my name is Anonymous. Just executed a Studio cleanup and savagely threw away many prints and paintings. Maybe one day will develop online guts for selling. Would anyone buy from someone named Anonymous?

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Blogger steve said...

Very Bold ! I think I see some Hobbits and a wizard walking in the distance. Great work !

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thanks steve ... there are some hobbits and a wizard if you say so:)

Think I know what kerri means by 'prints' now. The answer is no if you mean giclees or digital reproductions. Print editions sold have been hand printed using a baren or etching press.

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aiyyyyyyy! makes me so sad you threw your beautiful work away! i so want this painting, is it for sale? would i faint at the price (i.e. my future first-born? ha ha) you're certainly the last person who should be shy!
cheers,
kerry

Thursday, March 10, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Hello again kerry! This painting is NFS. Too personal artwork usually remains not for sale for at least ten years. If hanging in a sale space, the 'too personal' usually have more than first born price attached so they don't sell -this backfired once. I like to keep my work accessible which is one reason why I'm firstly a printmaker. This painting is also about a meter square in size and lives in Australia. Keep your far future eyes peeled if one day I develop guts to selling online.

Friday, March 11, 2005  
Blogger Aravis said...

This piece is visually bold and appealing. I also have come back to it more than once. Truly impressive!

Saturday, March 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your work is incredible. this piece has such a great feel and fits so perfectly with the theme.
looking forward to seeing more.

Monday, March 14, 2005  
Blogger Sara said...

Wonderful painting! Definitely draws the viewer in. I love it.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thankyou aravisarwen, humblebee and sara - it helps having a strong theme to produce a strong image ... and deep.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home