Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Fragile

Click to open in new Window























Zinc etching
Image size: 100 x 115mm
Paper: Dutch Etching 340gsm
Edition: 4

11 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

beautiful and delicate. lovely interpretation of the theme.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Cin said...

wow, really beautiful

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Valancy said...

Stark and very pretty

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger garth bruner said...

Beautiful! I love the textures!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Nic Squirrell said...

Very gorgeous - I thought of doing something similar, but I'm glad I didn't because yours is so much better than mine would have been.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Glad you like it coutney, cin, and tickled orange. Dragonflies and the print are smaller in real life which adds to their fragililty. Background texture was made by pressing thin cloth into soft ground before a geranium leaf. Texture always gets me too garth bruner. Nic ... I haven't seen anything as fragile today as the eyes in your 'Fragile' illustration!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Ellie said...

Oooooooh. This is gorgeously done - nice to see a unique technique.

Elle

Wednesday, March 16, 2005  
Blogger steve said...

Holy crap ! That's a lotta detail ! You worked hard for this subject matter, I'm giving you a holla holla holla. Bask in the glory. :-)

Thursday, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Thankyou Ms Elle and Sheila, I love your interpretations re motherhood. What can I say eoppers5 ... whilst cying with you hoping next week's topic is less 'deep'. Just so you know Steve, I didn't work hard on an etching and painting this week. Have just slogged ten year artwork cleanup so can probably pull something for any topic from archives when needed. It's nice to get feedback on 'never seen' work!

Thursday, March 17, 2005  
Blogger jas faulkner said...

That is gorgeous! I love the delicate background you chose as well as the intricate inking.

Friday, March 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I somehow missed this the "Fragile" week. Very lovely.

Saturday, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home